Saturday, October 13, 2012

Music For Yo Fine Earz

To be frank, my week has been hella chill, yo. The program I'm in isn't entirely centered around what those around me call midterms. We do, howeva, have some majour research papers and projects coming up in the near future so don't think this is a slacking deal. And even though my week has been deemed chill, my weeks in general seem to go by faster and faster. Honestly, it's slightly disturbing how quickly it all goes by. 

One minute I'm waving to that dreary figure called Monday slumping towards me and then the next I'm running after Friday in his disco clothes whizzing past. I need more hours in the day! Mother Nature, I'm snapping my fingers! Make that sun last a little bit longer puh-leeze. 

What's been helping me actually get out of bed in the morning though, before I'm caffeinated and superficially wired for my first class, is some new musica that's been injecting some rhythm into my toes. 

First, tumblr tabs to inspire a beautiful fresh start to next week's Monday morning. 

C'est parfait. Ce cappuccino est art à moi. 
(go google translator, buddy ol pal)


Attics have always had such a haunted reputation. Put in a window, let that glorious light in, paint the walls milky white, and suddenly the attic of that supposed family of ghosts is your most beloved sanctuary.


I used to be convinced that this type of layout of a kitchen was the most absurdly cramped idea for a realistic family. Now that I'm confined to the size of a closet for a bedroom, and have fallen quite in love with its quaint coziness, there's much more appeal to living small. This is almost like a more formal alternative to an island, and who doesn't like a hint of well hidden fanciness here and there?

Abstract Numbers:

Small Rooms:

Alvhem Makleri:

Abstract Numbers:

Abstract Numbers:

Abstract Numbers (can you guess I'm a fan?):

Alvhem Makleri:

Alvhem Makleri:






Now my lovelies, onto some music I've been digging.


And by digging, I mean obsessed with. Alex Clare is the most dreamy combination of foot tapping goodness and hip swinging grooves and actually poignant lyrics.



Alright, this next song may not be for everyone (it includes *gasp* swear words!). But I can't deny the catchiness. Slash it's quite the hypnotic tune. Next three are for them techno-dub lovers.











If girliness ever overwhelms you, and you're in your footy pajamas with a cup of tea by your side, put this on and you will be in a small pocket of heaven. 



This song was stuck in my head for honestly days, if not weeks. It's haunting. It's beautiful. It's addictive.

Cheerio! Hope the weather wherever you are is not as gloomy as the view I'm looking at. 
*m

No comments:

Post a Comment